Cloudflare, a leading Internet security and performance company, announced the launch of the fastest and most privacy-focused secure (DNS) service in 220.127.116.11, which not only speeds up your Internet connection, but also makes it harder for ISPs to track your Web history.
The domain name system (DNS) or the recursive (DNS) server is an essential part of the Internet that combines readable web addresses by people with their actual”location on the Internet,”called IP addresses.
For”example, when you”try to-open a website,”for example, example.com, your (DNS) looks”for the IP addresslinked”to this domain-name and loads the site.
Since the”default (DNS) services”provided by (ISPs)”are often slow”and insecure, most”people rely on alternative”(DNS) providers, such as (Open-DNS) (18.104.22.168), Google”(22.214.171.124), and Comodo (DNS)”(126.96.36.199), to accelerate your Internet.
But”if you use Cloudflare”new (DNS) 188.8.131.52 service, your tablet / smartphone /computer will begin to resolve domain names at an incredibly fast rate of 14.8 milliseconds, it’s more than 28 persent faster than others, like Google (34.7ms) and (Open-DNS) (20.6ms).
Even if you visit websites through HTTPS, DNS administrators register every site you visit, which makes your ISP or third-party DNS services aware of everything you do on”the Internet.
That”means by default,”your (ISP), every Wi-Fi network”you’ve connected to,”and your mobile network”provider has a list, of each site you’ve visited”while using them,“the company says.”
However, Cloudflare has changed this game with its new free (DNS) service, which it claims will be “the fastest and most private Internet service for consumers on the Internet“ and promises to prevent”(ISPs) from-easily following the web-browsing-history.
The”public (DNS) resolvers”of Cloudflare, 184.108.40.206 and”220.127.116.11 (as an alternative (DNS) server for”redundancy), are compatible with (DNS) over (TLS) and (DNS)”over HTTPS to guarantee maximum privacy.
The company also promised”not to sell user data, but to erase all DNS query records in 24 hours. It is also working with KPMG auditors to examine their systems and ensure that they do not actually collect their data.
How to change DNS settings”to increase Internet speed
For PC Mac:
- Open the System Preferences.
- Search for DNS Servers and touch it.
- Click on the (+Plus) button to”add a (DNS)”server and enter 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 (for redundancy).
- Click OK”and then Apply.
For Windows computers:
- Touch Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, and then touch Change adapter settings.
- Right click on the”Wi-Fi network to which you are connected, then click Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol”version 4.0 and click Properties,”and then note any existing”(DNS) server entry for future”reference.
- Now tap”Use the”following (DNS) server”addresses and“replace those addresses”with the (DNS) addresses 126.96.36.199:”For IPv4: 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206; and”for IPv6:”2606: 4700: 4700 :: 1111 and 2606: 4700: 4700 :: 1001”
- Click OK”then Close”and restart”your browser.
For Android devices:
- Connect to your”preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the IP address of your router in your browser. Fill in”your username and password, if requested.
- On the configuration page of your router, locate the (DNS) server configuration and enter the existing (DNS) server entries”for future reference.
- Replace these addresses with the”DNS 220.127.116.11 addresses: for IPv4: 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124, and for“IPv6:”2606: 4700: 4700 :: 1111 and”2606: 4700: 4700 :: 1001.
- Save your configuration, then restart”your browser.
Note: Android requires a static (IP) to use custom (DNS) servers. This configuration requires additional configuration in your router, which affects the strategy of your network to add new devices to the network. Cloudflarerecommends”configuring the (DNS) of your router, which”gives all the devices in your network the”speed and privacy advantages of 126.96.36.199 (DNS).
For (iOS) devices (iPad /iPhone):
- From the home screen of your iPhone, open Settings.
- Open Wi-Fi and then your preferred network in the list.
- Touch Configure (DNS) and then click Manual.
- If there”are existing entries”touch the – and Delete button next to”each one.
- Now, add 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 (as alternative (DNS) server for redundancy) to the DNS address.
- Now, touch the Save button”in the upper right corner.
Everything is ready! Your device now has faster and more private (DNS) servers.
Well, I already switched to the Cloudflare DNS service. If you also, please tell me your experience in the comments below