What is Angry IP Scanner?
Angry IP Scanner is a simple fast and effective portable program to scan and manage IP details and configurations. It is a free program and you can easily use and download this program from the sourceforge website.
Supported Operating System
- Windows XP
- Windows VISTA
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Mac OS X
Will work with previous version of Windows but support is very limited.
Is this a virus?
No, it is not a virus. It is simple network program designed for System Admin and Network professionals. Some antivirus might show some warning for this program which is a false positive alarm. Ignore it or add to allow list.
Some of the brilliant features of Angry IP Scanner program are –
- Small and Efficient
- Fast port scanner
- Reverse look up IP address
- Mac Address Look up
- Complete IP range support from 184.108.40.206 to 255.255.255.255
- Automatic OS detection
- No Adware Malware or Advertisement pop ups.
- Additional Network Configuration Tools
How to Use Angry IP Scanner Tutorial
If you are a home user with a single computer you have nothing much to do with this tool apart from scanning your ISP and detecting open ports on the connected network range. Make sure you do not break any of your country law as some countries block the use of IP scans.
Network Admin will love this tool for what it is capable of achieving in a few seconds (depending upon the IP block range you are exploring). These are some of the important things which can help you out with your Network management –
Scan for Open ports
- Specify the IP range of your network
- Enter Hostname
- Select Netmask from the drop down
- Press the start button
- Wait till complete scan is completed
Now the ones in Red are dead connections and the blue dots are live systems. By default you will shown the Ping time, hostname and Ports associated with the particular IP address.
Look up Mac Address
- Follow the same steps as mentioned above
- Right click any IP you want to know Mac address
- Select Show details
- You will now be shown Mac address and other details
- Select IP address you want to check for open ports
- Right click it and select scan all ports
- Get the complete list in a few seconds
Search for All open ports
There are many additional tasks that you can do with this open source program. You can join the Discussion here.
Download Angry IP Scanner
You use the following links to download this program to your computer –
If you are facing any problem using this program you can ask for help in the comment section. Use this program responsibly.